8 Reasons for Not Accepting a Counter Offer
- The same circumstances that now cause you to consider a change will repeat themselves in the future.
- Statistics show that if you accept a counter offer, the probability of voluntarily leaving in six months or being let go within one year is extremely high.
- Why is it taking your resignation to receive the compensation or position that you seek?
- The money for the counter offer, is it your next raise early?
- Your company may immediately start looking for a new person at a cheaper price.
- You have now made your employer aware that you are unhappy. From this day on your loyalty may always be in question.
- When promotion time comes around, your employer may remember who was loyal, and who wasn't.
- When times get tough, your employer may begin the cutbacks with you.